Monday, May 13, 2013

"Meet Me Monday": Penny's Story




Penny owns her mummy, Linda, (@lindamjis) a twitter pal from Vancouver, Canada. Penny is a 17-year-old, female, domestic short hair cat. Penny weighs about nine pounds, and her coat color is brown/black tiger-stripe with white. Penny and Linda were nice enough to share their story of love and friendship, and my favorite part is that an older kitty got a second chance!



Linda went into the S.P.C.A. on February 3, 2006, to look at the cats, and according to Penny, this is “the day I adopted mummy.” Penny continues the story of their first encounter.           



If humans wash their hands, they are allowed to reach into the cages to touch the cats. When mummy reached into my cage, I reached out my face for her to stroke it, and all I could think of was, “Gee, that felt nice for both of us!” Mummy then went on to look at the other cats, but she didn’t reach into any of their cages. Only one cat seemed to just look at mummy curiously, probably wondering who she was. The other cats didn’t pay any attention to mummy at all. I watched mummy the whole time wondering why she was not near me where I was, and I think mummy knew I was watching her because she looked at me again before leaving. Mummy had wanted a kitten, but didn’t find one that day, so she left. I was a ten year old cat just sitting there hoping for a forever home, and I must have left a good impression on mummy because she thought about me for the next four days. On February 7, 2006, mummy came back to the S.P.C.A. and adopted me, and we’ve been happy together ever since!
 

Linda describes what happened when she first brought Penny home.

 
When Penny first arrived in her and my place, she began to inspect the place, top to bottom! So cute! When she was done, that’s when I told her she was beautiful, and she came right over to me! She and I have been happy together ever since!
 
 

Penny loves catnip, like most kitties. Penny’s eyes get wide when Linda pulls the baggie of nip out, and Penny gets all excited and eats the nip up off of the scratching board. Penny still gets scared when someone knocks at the door and will go run and hide under the bed. Linda says that Penny has always been a very gentle girl. Sometimes when Penny is laying down and Linda is stroking her, Penny will gently hold on to Linda’s hand so the petting doesn’t stop. Linda says Penny is a happy and healthy kitty, and “I am so glad, and lucky, that I adopted Penny, she is a really great friend. I love her so much.”
 

  
Many thanks to Penny and Linda for being a feature “Meet Me Monday” on my blog. Please leave a comment for Penny and Linda below. If you would like to share your story, please email me at abbydawgblog@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story...Penny & Linda perfect match..so glad Penny has furever home (emmett dog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emmett...always good when a furpal has a loving home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely meet me Monday! So glad Penny adopted mummy! She safe now & loved!! Juneau & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always very kind...Thank you Juneau & Sunny!

      Delete