Monday, June 17, 2013

“Meet Me Monday:” Bug’s Story



I am pleased to introduce you to Mr. Morris “Bug” Asselin. Bug owns his mama, Rae Ann (@ragell), who happens to be one of my mamma’s best twitter pals, so I guess that makes Bug my furcousin! We have never actually met in person, but we have chatted on Skype, well, um, our moms have chatted, bol! Please forgive me ahead of time because I will probably just gush on and on about Bug and his family because they have just been the most pawsome friends to my mamma and our family. Bug is a very lucky boy and here is Bug’s story. Enjoy!


(Bug and Zoey)
 
Bug is a 5-year old male, orange and white tabby cat. He lives in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada with his mama, Rae Ann, his dada, Gary, and fursis, kitty, Zoey, age 9.
 
Somehow Bug managed to survive a cold Canadian winter outdoors as a very young kitten. Bug started out his life in a feral cat community in a neighbor of Rae Ann and Gary’s back yard before finding his way to his current indoor home in the spring of 2008.

Bug describes how he made his way into Rae Ann and Gary’s heart. Bug says, “I noticed a very nice man and woman living over the fence and decided to jump over and greet them. The nice man petted me and gave me some cat food. I loved it. So I said, “What the heck, I am going to go back tomorrow!” And I did! I eventually made each visit longer and got to play with my eventual fursis and bro. I slept on the patio furniture and never went over the fence again.”

(Zoey with Dada)

Bug continues his story, “By now it was June and my parents now had fallen in love with me, and I them. I loved playing with Kenny and Zoey too. So they asked, out of kindness to my neighbour, if they could adopt me. More like rescue! The neighbour said yes. So I was brought to the vet to get my shots and a checkup. I was sick. Because of the year outside with hardly any food or water, I had crystals. I also had frostbite on my nose and was super skinny. My new parents did not hesitate to pay the bill to get me healthy.”

(Frostbite on Bug's Nose)

Bug says there was a bit of an adjustment getting used to his new home. Bug describes it as, “I can tell you it was not fun at first. I did not like the noises in the house and I was so scared. I spent almost 3 months under the bed, only to come out to use the litter box, eat and drink. Eventually, I decided to venture downstairs to check out my new surroundings. Man, my parents liked their TV loud, I ran upstairs to hide again. But if Kenny and Zoey were okay, then hey, it couldn’t be that bad. So I just swallowed my fright and decided to become part of the family. I loved running through the house chasing after my brother and sister. I got pretty used to the cuddles with mama and dada, too.”  

(Bug with Mama)

So, you may be wondering why Bug has the nickname Bug. Well, Bug says, “I am known as The Bug because mama says I don’t know how to meow. I grunt when I want something or when I just talk. I am always bugging them in the middle of night for food and am known for giving them a claw in the face followed by a grunt to wake them up for noms! Mama just keeps a Tupperware of food in her nightstand. I got her trained!!”

(Kenny in the Middle)

When Bug moved in he had his fursis, Zoey, but he also had his furbro, Kenny. Sadly, Kenny passed away in October 2008 at age 4½ due to liver complications. So when asked how Bug and his humans saved each other, Bug says, “Mama and dada say I have come a long way since they met me. And no matter what happens, they are blessed to have me in their life. They always say that I helped them deal with the death of my bro Kenny. I am so glad I jumped over the fence!”



Many thanks to Bug and his mama, Rae Ann, for being a feature “Meet Me Monday” on my blog. Please leave a comment for Bug and his mama and dada below. If you would like to share your story, please email me at abbydawgblog@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Another great meet-me-Monday, well done Abby .
    Great to read your story Bug xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. linda mj, and PennyJune 27, 2013 at 9:55 PM

    What a special story, I'm very glad to know about this special fur and human family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. linda mj, and PennyJune 27, 2013 at 10:03 PM

    So glad to have read Bug and his family's story. What a very special story, thanks to Abby for posting it. The best to Bug and his entire family!

    ReplyDelete