Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Furever Home


Hello and Welcome!

This is my first ever blog post, so please be honest and kind! I look forward to hearing from you. Let me begin by telling you a little bit about myself and how mamma came to rescue me.

I am a female, German shepherd dog mix approximately 11 years old. No one is really sure what other breeds I may have in me, but I look like a floppy-eared shepherd. I guess I am considered a medium-sized dog as I weigh about 50 pounds. I am on a special hypoallergenic diet because I developed weird skin irritations possibly related to food allergies. Oh, and I eat carrots so my vision is great!

The staff at the shelter said I was found by a family, and I had been running around the fields behind a city high school. I was very skinny, my ribs were visible, and I weighed only 35 pounds. The family that brought me to the shelter said they could not keep me, but if no one adopted me, they would take me back. Weird, huh? Why didn’t they just keep me? Maybe I wasn’t a stray? Maybe they just couldn’t handle my hyper, puppy self? Anyway, no one really knows, and it doesn’t really matter because I ended up with my mamma.

I was adopted from the MSPCA in December 2002 after mamma lost her beloved, Buddy, to a sudden illness. She was heartbroken after he died and visited the dogs and cats at the shelter almost every day as she grieved his passing. It was the end of the third week of visits, and mamma was ready to stop until after the holidays. Then, it happened! A special and miraculous day and mamma came in to find me, the only doggie in the place. It would not be an exaggeration to say it was love at first sight, and we have been together ever since. Mamma celebrates my birthday on Valentine’s Day because she says, “I’m the love of her life.” I am so grateful mamma busted me out of jail and gave me a furever home!

6 comments:

  1. Awww... Yaaaay, for furever homes!!! Such a heartwarming story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you Abby! Your blog is going to be awsome and if you need help, don't be afraid to ask, no problem!
    lov u xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lulu! You and your blog helped to finally get us here. Pawhugs xoxo

      Delete
  3. Such a miracle! You and your mommy were meant to be together. I love how she chose Valentines Day as your Birthday! Sending you and your mommy hugs...KC and LJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. We really are best buddies.

      Delete